17th April – Halo Reach Daily Challenges & Commentary
17/04/2012 20 Comments
Update – And it’s confirmed, Halo 4 comes out November 6th 2012.
Interesting how the consensus is for the ranking to maybe be improved in Halo 4, but not to lose the progress from Reach. In my gut I feel that there will be nothing carried over, so whatever progress you had in previous Halo games won’t count for anything, but my heart wants there to be something, even if it’s akin to the ME character transfer where depending on how you previously performed it gives you some boost of credits and rank but not all the way through the new game’s progression system.
There has been promised an announcement today about Halo 4, rumours circulate that it’s the release date of November 6th, which would tie into previous Halo release periods and sets up nicely for dominating the holiday season 2012.
Today’s challenges are below, and are not the best for completing the latest weekly challenge:
- Shootin’ and Lootin’ – Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach – 4000 cR
- Just Holdout – Kill 1000 enemies on Holdout in Firefight Matchmaking – 3000 cR
- Huck It, Luck It – Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Cloud, Tough Luck, and Catch on – 2000 cR
- Who’s the Big Winner? – Win 15 games in multiplayer Matchmaking – 3000 cR
Commentary follows after the break…
Shootin’ and Lootin’ – Kill 400 enemies in any game mode in Reach – 4000 cR
You’re better off doing the other challenges first then mopping this up if you’ve not done it yet. Best options for this specifically:
- Forge – make a game with players spawning in one spot and camp it
- Firefight – Download my Firefight Invincible game type on my File Share, lots of Elites, lots of medals, lots of kills (plus ‘cheevos if you’ve not done the Firefight ones)
- ONI: Sword Base – Use the Target Designator trick (run past everyone at the beginning, grab it, turn around, fire, wait for the killing to stop and restart the checkpoint)
- Package – There are points where you can get a checkpoint just before a number of Grunts appear in the final battle, so you can gun them down and restart
Just Holdout – Kill 1000 enemies on Holdout in Firefight Matchmaking – 3000 cR
As ever if you’re going for this take whatever game type you can the first time it shows up. 1000 kills though? So that’s likely to be 11 games of Score Attack, maybe 3-6 games of Firefight Arcade or 9 games of Gruntpocalypse. I say go for Score Attack, since you get more choices of maps. If you end up with a random amount of kills needed then get into Crashsite or Gen. Defense in Score Attack to get however many you need.
Huck It, Luck It – Complete a Campaign mission on Heroic with Cloud, Tough Luck, and Catch on – 2000 cR
I’m giving exactly the same advice as every optional Campaign mission challenge – run Nightfall, get this done in 10 minutes, tops. As a guide to Nightfall speed run I’ve picked this video off Youtube randomly, but there are hundreds like it. In fact we have further options and details on the time we did it in LASO on this Weekly Challenge page and comments. There are other levels you may be more familiar with, but honestly, you can do this in 5-6 minutes with minimal stress.
Who’s the Big Winner? – Win 15 games in multiplayer Matchmaking – 3000 cR
This is just a little bit of a grind. Go for Team Slayer/SWAT/Snipers/Objective/Grifball/Action Sack game types so you only have two teams playing and a better chance of winning. I’d also recommend finding some guys you play well with and sticking with them. You’ll get lots of credits from the games too.